View Single Post
# 35 18-06-2010 , 10:25 PM
Subscriber
they should do the simply3dworld idea and make it include lightwave, max, blender, and even a few others, get every program in one. You can make the forums have a general 3d section, and then have a max section, lightwave section, blender section... and so on. Of course you'd need moderators that know their stuff in whichever program they are moderating for.

I check this forum every day, it's the first one I found when I first got into Maya and I love this place, the tutorials are great, they got me started. I use the one's I've downloaded as references for other things. The haunted house to give me a reference for creating a house. The BMW to use as reference when modeling any car. Sea creature when I created my "Champy" monster, and so on. I love this forum and the people in it, great community and great tutorials.

I definitely do agree there needs to be more in the tutorials, along the lines of lighting and rendering using mental ray. Even more in animation and dynamics and particles and cloth. I'd rather spend what little money I have lately on simply maya than digital tutors or gnomon... although I have had to go to them for some stuff that I needed... it would be great to have it all here in this one little site. Like to support this place because I'd hate to see it go anywhere. It's been very helpful and everyone here has been very friendly. Never see out of control arguments from people on this forum. No one puts down anyone's work, only give positive criticism with ideas on how to make it better instead of saying "you need more practice, this sucks" which I've seen on other forums.

- Mike

https://rhetoriccamel.blogspot.com