View Single Post
# 1 30-12-2004 , 03:03 PM
Subscriber

Nurbs Patch Modelling, Your comments

Hi there guys... Mike, Kurt.. Danny,, JSprog, others..,

Ok i know,,, been missing or MIA for some months now,,, hehe ok here is a question i am wanting answered or at least commented on.

I have read explored a bit, nurbs modelling seems to be a staple if you want to get into the industry, it helps to know how to handle nurbs. People still stand by it.... Hmm???

Why is that so? Is it because of the easy adjusting you can do in terms of subdivisions... detail in where you want it. Or is it a fact that renderman can render out quads as apposed to tris... like most renderers...

How easy is texturing with nurbs? Overall why studios choose nurbs modelling? Any input or ideas thrown around is welcomed.

Oh ya, when you create a full character,, in patches,,, use global stitch and so on.. the character is in different patches or surfaces. Does that mean the vertex,, are still seperate, just in the same location or ??? Seems a little confusing on the whole idea. And i want to get into nurbs modelling so that in a few years,,, if i am lucky... can get in some studio... althought poly modelling and so on i am not too worried... have so many tutorials to choose from here.

Cheers to one and all,
Merry Christmas and a happy new year... in advanced.
user added image Kumar