Thread: MAC vs PC
View Single Post
# 27 04-02-2007 , 06:55 AM
papalatistudios > 'Most PC users dont know, that MAC OSX is built on a UNIX Kernel. The same as Linux which is why both operating systems are more stable and more powerful than windows. If I could afford MAC I would get one, now. 2 years ago I wouldnt.'

Didn't Apple run a promotional thing about their OS being built on UNIX base when it came out? Anyways, I don't consider Mac OS X to be UNIX in its pure form with all its 'pretty' features and stuff. Anyways, at least its 'UNIX like' and doesn't crash every five minutes, unlike Vista which is 'spyware like' with its dial home features'.

mirek03 > 'linux.., industry standard.?? which Planet.?? planet Zargon!??'

You are joking right? Linux is used to run supercomputers (eg. SGI Altix), nuclear reactors (the ones that didn't do a 3 mile island, the ones that did used Windows) and many other things including workstations for Maya and graphics (Boxx).

Most people think that Linux is this really difficult to use command prompt OS but you can get GUIs on them (quite a lot actually, with ones to suit people who use Windows, Macs). Anyways, command promts are much better than GUIs when you know everthing about an OS, just ask anyone who does a bit of 'cyberspace tresspassing'.