View Single Post
# 1 03-12-2006 , 06:14 PM

First Project- Candy Cane room

I just had gotten the PLE of maya 7.0 like 2 days ago.
(getting maya 8.0 soon) This program is really hard to learn. I mean its not easy but some of these tutorials on hear and some other sites really motivated me and got me through. Well I actually made something, a candy cane (used a tutorial from digital tutors) and then I thought to post that on simply Maya would be boring. So I made a room. I just put some plains on and added a door and a table. Not much detail because I haven't gotten there yet. I'm really excited to show this even thoe it doesn't look all that great. It's the first thing I have made in Maya that I like. I did basic human form and I'm holding that off for a bit user added image. Anyways the rendering ain't that great. I don't know how to render all that much so I just did the lighting option where you light up a area. Then I made it so the candy cane is the center of attention. The texturing I got off some sites thoe it is not easy to texture because it has to look good which I don't know how to do yet really so I just added some random textures that looked fine :bandit: So hear it is, enjoy. Please comment and feedback I'd appreciate it.

Attached Thumbnails