Thread: dynamic ribbon
View Single Post
# 7 23-10-2008 , 07:25 AM

Originally posted by mirek03
that is one cool link you put up there rage. is there any to n particles and such??

Thanksuser added image Regarding links to nParticles, I'm affraid they are still too new for any structured tutorials, or articles about them yetuser added image
However, I'm getting Maya Unl. 2009 in the next 5 weeks, so when I get it I REALLY want to dive into it, and provide some insight here at SM about it.
My favorite feature so far seems to be the ability to define "sticky" nParticles. So, it acts like liquid or sludge on a bedsheet, etc... handy for characters, etc...

Originally posted by gster123
Wouldn't you adjust the ncloth node itself to get the right properties as the neuclus node adjusts the solvers attributes, gravity, time, substeps etc etc, not the cloth properites, drag, bounce lift etc etc?

Yepuser added image But I was mainly trying to get others to read the help, as there is a wealth of information explaining how everything works, so it makes one understand how the object and the Nucleus node work together better.

What might help out is loading up some presets and seeing if they give you a close match to what you want, this would save you time messing about with all the properties individually (they also have some help in the Notes section in the attribute editor). Then go and tweeks the settings for a final adjustment.

EXACTLY!
As I remember eric, you are on 2009 correct?
Well, I assume that there are far more presets in there available to you than in my current version (I'm still on 8.5).
Assigning a preset is not a "copout" it simply allows one to get to thier targeted end-result faster.
Then like gster said, check the notes in the Attribute Editor NOTES area at the bottom of the AE, and there are usualy really helpfull notes that explain whats going on, and how to tweak it to your needsuser added image

Thanks a lot for your question eric, and thanks very much for your help mirek and gster!!

Good luck all!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com