View Single Post
# 4 24-12-2008 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber
<rant>

Originally posted by mastone
What do you care what anyone thinks

because it's a bloody ******* pain in the ******* ass and i wish those mother ******* would die!
ok, not actually....but it is a pain in the ass when someone makes fun of you, or says you're doing something becaus of some label that doesn't even apply to you, or thinks your work is easy when you've had a ******* hard time doing it.
and it REALLY pisses me off when someone says 'you have too much time on your hands'... they don't say it to rally drivers or rugby players... how is this any different?

funny you should mention this, ele, cuz my cousin (whos like 28 or older... i dont actually know) was like 'you could just create the wedding in cgi'
i was like 'yeah that's totally gonna take longer and more effect than filming the wedding'
and hes like 'nah, you guys can do it really fast'

ok, he might have been trying to be nice (where the hell did anyone even know i can do cgi i'll NEVER know... i haven't shown anyone my work outside my friends) or perhaps he really did think it was easy from what he's seen

i think the common misconception about this stuff being easy comes from what they show in the 'behind the scenes' of films and games
all people see are others just moving a few polygons around or zooming around a map, but never do you see someone say 'this is how i made davy jones and it took me a month to make)

</rant>

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D