View Single Post
# 4 14-07-2009 , 06:43 PM
Thanks for the replies!.. it's all helpful stuff.

mtmckinley, I would be interested to know what exactly your job entails, is it purely an asthetic job to texture and make believable landscapes/rooms etc or do you model? I think in a perfect world I would just do what I enjoy and see where it takes me but I think animation could take a very long time to become proficient at, I would like a job in the industrysooner rather than later so am I right in thinking texturing/environment would be more the way to go?.. I also enjoy those areas but realise they might not be as well paid.

Bounce, indeed I am an Arsenal fan.. nice to meet you too!.. hopefully my user name hasn't put off the Man Yoo/Spurs or Chelsea fans from helping me out! :p

I've been looking into Z-brush and Mudbox, I understand they are more organic and enjoyable to use than the tedious way of texturing/unfolding UVs in Maya. I think I will send out a few emails to some companies, any chance you could PM me your response from Bioware?..

I'm also interested to know the salaries, can anyone give an estimate for animators/texture/character/environment artists?