View Single Post
# 8 15-07-2009 , 12:19 PM
The stuff on salaries is interesting. Although I imagine this must be for high end artists who have been in the industry for some time.

With regards to getting a job I imagine the best bet would be to pick an area that interests you and commit to it. It would seem to me most companies want people who have a solid area of expertise and a little understanding of other areas, not people who are a jack of all trades and a master of none.

That said I would imagine animation/rigging to be a good option as it is a very high skilled job which does not seem over flooded. The level of character/prop artists is extremely high and you will need to be at the very top of your game in order to get a industry job. Although the same can be said for rigging and animation with regards to the skill levels I think it is an area where there are less people fighting for work. The problem with character/prop modeling jobs is there are so many amazing artists so even if your skills match theirs, company's will tend to pick the artist with experience.

Good luck and all the best with the job endeavors.