View Single Post
# 11 19-07-2006 , 12:43 PM
Subscriber
okay it has to do with the front leg ...i downloaded PE to show you but i am late for work ... i had to delete inside faces of the leg ...where it attaches to the body.if you look at the new file you can see where the leg flows into the body. ..i did this real quick and by no means look as good as it could . ...later i can look at it more clear and give better example and layout the front leg better ...but where your front leg was put on the body it made some weird geometry. If you look at the leg i did real quick it is the same but do you see how it flows into the body and not just standing out like yours ? i deleted all inside faces on the body where the leg would attach, places you would not see unless you went on other side of body , inside of body . then i moved the leg into place and moved the vertices of the leg into place and then i used split poly tool on the body to make new line and inturn that made vertices i could attach the remaining leg part . ..here is file ..if you dont understand i can try to explain better .

it is in poly now.

also it is very important to have clean lines. that helps a bunch when attaching parts together and also just to have a good clean model. I can show better later if you want and it helps with troubleshooting. i would take look at my file. it was done really quick but i tried ot show how lines was suppose to flow and look ..see how with yours there is not a deep edge between the leg and body ? that is what needed to be cleaned cause was not attached correctly .

Attached Files
File Type: zip dogfixed.zip (60.5 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by mmoore5553; 19-07-2006 at 01:42 PM.