Subscriber

My first HDRI render...

hey guys, just though id show you guys my first HDRI render,
comments and crits most welcome =)
rendertime: 1min

-MARLON

user added image

# 2 02-12-2006 , 01:39 PM
well seeing as it is your first it's pretty good, although it's not a very difficult thing to do. if you want to make it look good, you could play with the caustics (since such a shiny ring would cast some interesting light refractions on the surrounding area).

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 02-12-2006 , 11:38 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by NeoStrider
well seeing as it is your first it's pretty good, although it's not a very difficult thing to do. if you want to make it look good, you could play with the caustics (since such a shiny ring would cast some interesting light refractions on the surrounding area).

Hey, thanks for the reply... yeah ill try fiddle around with the caustics too see what result i can get ... better or worse.
"although it's not a very difficult thing to do"... i though it would be pretty easy except it ended up being a real big hassel, ived follow probably about 3 tutorials on HDRI rendering etc, and tried about 10x times on each but got the same result when i rendered.. a black picture which wasnt very too good but im starting to get the hang of it.

thanks for the comment again...
marlon