Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-04-2007 , 12:12 PM
Subscriber

No MMB, anyway around it?

Hey, this is probably a really silly question. So sorry in advanced, haha.

Basically, from looking around this forum and searching the net, a 3 button mouse seems to be pretty essential for Maya. I'm on a mac with just the single click mouse.
I had read on this forum that people can assign the 3rd button to another key. But I have no idea how, I've messed around in preferences/interface/devices, but to no joy.
I've downloaded part 1 of the Dog tut. and just want to get the .jpg onto the plane, haha.... is there really much point in me continuing if I can't even get past this?!? user added image
I could get a mighty mouse in a week or so, as it's my birthday..... but I just wondered if there was any way of solving it in the meantime, as I just want to crack on with it. user added image

Sorry it's so long winded, but any help would be great!user added image

Cheers
Adam

# 2 29-04-2007 , 02:05 PM
hello,

Simply go to Window ---> settings/preferences ------> preferences. Make
sure you scroll down so that you can see the whole devices section in the interface
tab.

# 3 30-04-2007 , 02:02 AM
You can hold Alt + RMB and LMB together to get the same effect as the middle mouse button.

Never mind. I fail for not reading your full post. But this raises a question, I was told Maya only works with Windows, so how are you using it on a Mac?

# 4 30-04-2007 , 03:43 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by shover_robot
You can hold Alt + RMB and LMB together to get the same effect as the middle mouse button.

Never mind. I fail for not reading your full post. But this raises a question, I was told Maya only works with Windows, so how are you using it on a Mac?

Maya works on a Mac, you must be thinking of Max (Which you can run if you have an Intel Mac and Parallels).

I use the mighty mouse and I love it, go buy it now!!!!! :attn: :attn:
user added image