Yes, now is the time to dust off those sports fantasies as your challenge for the months of Nov-Jan is to create a sport-themed entry!
1) This is a modeling and texturing challenge, so those two tasks are required. The more you can do to present your entry, though, the better! If you want to rig and pose and create cool effects, I'm not going to stop you!
2) Your entry can be about ANY sport! Hockey, baseball, soccer, boxing... or, if you want to invent a sport, that's cool too! Futuristic! (Laser Polo anyone?) Wacky! (Hamster Olympics?)
3) The main idea is to create a character in the chosen sport. Be it a football player in full gear, a cyber jocky and his robo-horse, or whatever.
4) My biggest hope is that everyone takes the extra time that this challenge offers and create their character either in a pose playing the sport or in a sports arena of their own design or something really great like that! That's not required, however. (But sure would be cool!)
5) This is an extra long challenge because of the hollidays as well as my wedding in late January! I'll be getting back in Feb, so in order to handle everything, the deadline is February 10th
6) All work must be done by the artist submitting. You may submit one entry.
7) There's no limit as to what software you can use to create your models and textures.
8) A finals thread will be created toward the end of the challenge. Finals should be posted there, with screens/renders of the final result.
If you have any questions, ask them here. Keep a look out for any addendums or additions to the guidelines as issues are brought up and answered.
The grand prize for this challenge, is a little different. Hopefully it's something that will be appealing to enough people to enter!
A signed copy of NFL Street 3 for the Playstation 2!
This was my first released game that I worked on and I'd really like to give a copy to a willing home.
(If the PS2 version doesn't float the winner's boat, a PSP version is also available!)