Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 06-03-2008 , 03:46 PM
Subscriber

Random - Grass

Hey people!

Did this today in an hour or so just really to learn how to make grass and play with it a little. Dont ask me what the big things are as i have no idea but they may start cropping up as a little signature as i think they are kool! lol

user added image

Let me know what you think. Like i said it was mostly as a bit of practice. I used the grass in the fur tool.

T

# 2 06-03-2008 , 09:32 PM
Subscriber
Very interesting, I am liking the weird alien vibe. Those big things can be the legs of an alien creature sticking out from the grass, maybe buried there. That's what I thinkuser added image

# 3 06-03-2008 , 11:56 PM
that's weird and cool - i like it. user added image

# 4 07-03-2008 , 08:15 AM
pretty good...

# 5 08-03-2008 , 04:25 AM
Subscriber
Thanks guys - doodling for the win! ^_^

# 6 08-03-2008 , 08:24 AM
Subscriber
For a minute, I thought the three big things were three blades of grass! :-) You had me fooled! I do really like your grass. I've played around with the fur tool, but only for mustaches, gnarly hair, and eyebrows. I don't think I've even noticed the grass feature!

I'm glad I found this thread! I've been trying to figure out grass forever (I've used digital photos of grass, Photoshopped green noise with bump maps, &c &c usually with mediocre to lame results).

NICE JOB! :-)

"Ad astra per aspera..."