Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-08-2008 , 08:57 PM

Chrysler 300C

Hey guys id never done a car before so a while ago i started modelling one on my laptop. I pretty muched worked on it on train rides or boring lectures things like that anyway heres the finished version theirs no interior modelled because to be honest i couldnt be bothered and i just wanted to get the feel of modelling a car so here you go please feel free to crit

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 16-08-2008 , 01:20 AM
Jr.Who
Good job on the modeling, the only thing that should be changed is the car paint material. It doesn't look reflective at all.

# 3 16-08-2008 , 01:40 AM
yeah i used the metallic car paint shader in mental ray and its given it an almost matte finish so i might try the other car paint shader give that a go thanx for the crit

# 4 17-08-2008 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber
wow, the model looks awesome

is it me or there a bit of camera perpective distortion? maybe it's just me user added image

you did this during train rides? which meant you had to use the laptop's touch pad, right? dude...that's nuts...

you make me want to get used to my touch pad and do this stuff on the train too!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 18-08-2008 , 08:01 PM
cheers mate thanx heaps yeah touch pad a lot of undo's i tell you that much lol