Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 23-12-2009 , 01:42 PM
Subscriber

ncloth batch render

Hello all.
Been awhile.
Running into something and hoping anyone might know where to look.

I have an ncloth simulation setup that seems fine and the basic problem is this:

The animation renders correctly when rendering a single frame from the render view, however when I batch render, my passive shapes are transparent (in the rendered image files), until an ncloth shape collides or passes near.

Feels like there is something that just isn't flipped on correctly since I can see everything fine when I render as single frames.

Running on 8.5.

Any advice appreciated!

thanks.

# 2 23-12-2009 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber
Well it looks like this has nothing to do with nCloth, so I guess I'm in the wrong forum section now...

Looks like this is specific to batch rendering while using the mia_material. Just using a lambert, everything is showing up fine.

Dropping a fresh cube into the scene and giving it the mia_material, same behavior occurs, shape isn't rendering...

missing something...

# 3 24-12-2009 , 05:12 PM
Technical Director
Might be a stupid suggestion, but have you set Mental Ray to be your renderer? Do you have any render layers?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.