Originally posted by GecT
Mikeyduf already mentioned adding more to the environment and I agree.
- The green for the grass plane thingy is really saturated and dark, I've never seen grass that color. I think the same goes for the blue in the sky.
- The sky texture doesn't do much in creating an illusion of a horizon as the clouds just keep going until the ground plane clips them off.
- Well you already said you updated the lighting, I don't know what it looks like now but surfaces opposite the sun's direction shouldn't be so dark as the planet itself reflects light.
- The camera seems wobbly and I'm not sure about the pacing.
1) Agreed. I'm working on that one sometime this week.
2) Is there a way I can make the plane seem like it goes on forever instead of just stretching it out in maya?
3) I'm aware, and have already manipulated it so that it looks more "realistic." Expect an update on that video soon.
4) Hmm... I think I see where it seems wobbly. It was probably how I animated the camera panning around. I'll see about fixing that, if possible. Though that sequence isn't actually in the thesis, so I'm not going to fret over it very much but it is something I should look out for in future projects.
Are the hands going to be animated? The hands themselves seem a bit boxy from the wrist on back. If you have access to fluids you can use that for the fog or maybe even add the fog in post.
1) Yes, the hands will be animated in the end as they "reach" outwards, grab the walls and yank them into the fog.
2) I never noticed that they were boxy, I'll smooth them out again and see if it fixes it.
3) I'm thinking about adding the fog in post production. I'll also mess around s'more in fluids, just got a couple of tutorial books that show me how to do that stuff IIRC. If they don't, I'll talk to my proff.
I'd be interested in seeing a couple updated shots and of course the final result. Good luck with it.
Thanks, I'm working on an interior "inspection" of the hotel as well. Picture something similar to the flyby of the hotel. It will give us the grand picture of the place and the amount of detail in it.