Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 10-04-2010 , 01:50 AM
Lifetime Member

Triumph T100

Ok guys Im starting a model on the side for a good mate (the guy who sells me GPS Survey gear and gets me into debt!!!!).

Its a Triumph T100 Bonneville 2010, nice bloody bike!!!! I started it off the ref images I have found so far. I need some advice on the wheels, do I keep the tyre and rim as one or create the rim as I have done then torus for the tyre??

cheers bullet

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/40906...0T100?h=a5d0e5

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 10-04-2010 , 03:00 AM
No. Find a rim profile, draw the curve and revolve it. For the tire, same sort of thing...draw a profile (using the rim profile as a guide for placement) and loft or extrude it. Convert to polys, and start modeling the treads for one section. Then duplicate the section over and over and merge the verts/edges until you have a long flat tread. Then use a bend modifier to bend it 360 degrees for the tire.

Or you could draw your tire profile and revolve it like the rim and use a displacement map for the tread....whatever floats your boat but yes....two seperate pieces.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 10-04-2010 , 03:17 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks nitro will put it into action over the weekend.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 10-04-2010 , 08:10 AM
yep, what nitro said!

Had a look at your spitfire wip. gimme a yell on skype next time you see me on and I can help with the canopy.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 5 10-04-2010 , 09:25 AM
Lifetime Member
No probs ct!!!! I have nearly finished the frame, I wasnt happy so I did it all again!!! Allllllllllllll dddaaayyyyyyyy!!!!

Its hard sometimes my friends

bullet1968