Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 23-11-2010 , 04:33 PM
Acid44

Anyone have experience with AM.exe/Action Monitor virus?

I had the virus, removed it with AVG, which screwed up a few things, so I tried removing it manually, but it seems it's the virus itself that screws with things when it's removed.

I was kinda hoping I had a month or 2 before I had to format this thing and put 7 on it. I really need the time to get an external HD so I can back up my work... So any, and I mean ANY, help is appreciated

This is copied from a post I made somewhere else.

Deletion of this file seems to have screwed up a few things that it was latched on to though.

Task manager won't start by right clicking the taskbar anymore, which is how I usually open it. It says

"C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe

Application not found"

Along with this, I can't open Opera, Windows Live Messenger, or pretty much any other application without right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Little side note, CTRL+Shift+ESC works for task manager, as does CTRL+ALT+Delete and then clicking the option, just not right clicking the taskbar

Last edited by Acid44; 23-11-2010 at 04:35 PM.
# 2 23-11-2010 , 04:48 PM
Lifetime Member
it probably infected a system file that was deleted

try booting to windows cd, go thru install process and at proper screen select a repair.
It should install necessary system files again, leaving all your personal files alone.
you'll also have to go back for a windows update as the original install files are old.

# 3 23-11-2010 , 05:22 PM
Acid44
Thanks for the quick reply man, I'll try it out when I get home from school user added image

# 4 02-12-2010 , 07:15 PM
Lifetime Member
curious if you were able to resolve this issue ?