Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 15-12-2010 , 06:07 AM

Digital Portrait

Hello all,

I made this digital portrait about 8-9 months back when i was learning photoshop. It took almost 15 days to complete.

Every face part is made in different layers. The eyes itself was almost 2 days of work for me.

The portait is of a girl named Sharbat Gula from Afghanisation . The original photograph which i used as reference was taken By Steve McCurry and is considered among the top best pictures in the world. I would recommend users interested in photography to visit his website. www.stevemccurry.com.

I made this portrait initially in black and white and then added color using color mode in layers. I am posting both the pics.

This picture was also selected for a digital portrait exhibition here in Bombay.

Note: Some people must have already seen this pic in other thread but as per Nilla (admin) i sould post it in finished work so here it is.

Regards

Mahesh

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-12-2010 , 08:19 AM
Administrator
Thank you Mahesh for sharing your beautiful work, I've moved it to the gallery. I didn't see the color image before, it looks great as well the eyes and the color variation in there works. I think you captured the same thing in a digital drawing as what was in the original photograph which makes it special so well done from meuser added image

Nilla

# 3 15-12-2010 , 12:10 PM
Subscriber
Looks great, love the black and white. I'm just doing a course on digital drawing and it's not easy lots of technique involved here. Good stuff mate.

# 4 15-12-2010 , 12:46 PM
Thanks Nilla and Brian.

# 5 16-12-2010 , 02:45 AM
Lifetime Member
mahesh,

they are pearlers mate..the colour is amazing but the B&W does it for me!!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 6 16-12-2010 , 03:47 PM
Thanks Anthony aka bullet user added image

# 7 16-12-2010 , 11:18 PM
Very nice work I remember seeing that picture on the cover of Time as I recall. Once again very nice work. I too favor the B&W over the color.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675