Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 22-12-2010 , 08:55 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
common guys this are the types of movies where you just shut off your brain and enjoy the ride i mean its like harry potato in my personal opinion the movies keep getting worse and more worse and completely different from the novels but every premier you will always find yourselves at the theatres

# 17 23-12-2010 , 12:47 AM
Subscriber
Speak for yourself with potter.

Sorry - i like my films with some story to it

# 18 23-12-2010 , 03:38 AM
Lifetime Member
I wait for the DVD murambi...its not very often I go to the theatre mate....at around $120 AUS for myself..the missus and the 3 squids to see a flick....it has to be good. As much as I love Transformers I wont be going either.

Im with tweety though...most of the flicks these days are relying on 3D or CG to get them over the post...which is a shame. I watched an old flick on the TV last weekend...Run Silent Run Deep..and you know what?? I bloody enjoyed it!! It didnt have CG or 3D it was B&W but the story was good. I spent the whole movie in awe of the people that made the props..yeh ok there was the odd string pulling a torpedo etc but overall...they were true artists who made this stuff by hand. No laptops or anything...dont get me wrong Im not knocking the CG guys..they are fantastic...but I would give my left nut to be able to do what these guys did with foam/rubber/timber and a bloody big pool...LOL

my 2c

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 19 23-12-2010 , 10:52 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
I think cg have gotten really good over the past decade and a half so it still has that wow factor thats why everyone is relying on them alot but i think eventually the story and the cg will even out and we will get back to some great movies

# 20 23-12-2010 , 04:19 PM
EduSciVis-er
I think CG has reached a bit of a plateau, or more accurately a saturation point (3D excluded) which is why you don't see on the back of DVD boxes anymore "...cutting edge special effects..." whereas if you look at the original Tron, that's how it sold. I don't really think great effects sell movies anymore, it's more just the hype, the trailers, and the frequency of explosions.

And woot! 1000 posts user added image