Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 05-01-2011 , 07:11 PM

EnterEditMode maya2011

dear dudes!

did anyone come across maya2011´s new shortcut behavior?

speaking explicitly about EnterEditMode - which is mapped with "d" (press) "d" (release).
it can be deleted though and be mapped with a single toggle button, but after restarting maya it´s again
"d"
"d" release
+ the new button (in my case "s")

so, it cannot be saved!
a press-release variation for enterEditMode seems totally irrational to me. besides that I can´t map that operation with a different button anymore..

anyone else got that problem?
any solutions?

kind regards
falott

(finally maya looks and behaves like 3dsmax - yay!)

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 2 05-01-2011 , 08:05 PM
ok - solution:

I deleted this line of code ->

hotkey -k "d" -name "NameComEnter_Tool_Edit_Mode" -releaseName "NameComEnter_Tool_Edit_Mode";

from the hotkeySetup.mel in the installation folder ...\Autodesk\Maya2011\scripts\startup

# 3 12-01-2011 , 06:22 AM
I am amazingly surprised and was wronging the new release of maya. with all hotfixes installed (which still shouldn´t be called hotfix user added image ) and some tweaking maya didn´t crash once until now. there are some new minor annoying issues like after selecting things in the outliner and using any hotkey afterwards the cursor jumps immediately into the textfilter and all things disappear (can this be turned off?) but all in all it seems to be a much stabler version. what I like in particular is the boolean operations which work much better than before. and after my eyes got used to the new interface and icons it isn´t that bad after all.

cheers!