Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 07-01-2011 , 03:34 PM
Big THX mate, I'd never have figured that out myself!!! user added image It was very important for me to know how this works, cause I'm not a fan of automatical unwrapping at all. I admit auto mapping has become very good lately, but no matter what 3D app, they just don't know wether I'm unwrapping just an apple or a human head. In most tutorials I watched, even professional ones the authors were using auto unwrap for heads and then fighting down the stretching piece by piece, which took them endlessly. I prefer making the seams myself and get a clean unwrap immediately.

TDW user added image

# 32 07-01-2011 , 03:58 PM
Lifetime Member
no worries mate...glad to help

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 33 06-02-2011 , 01:57 PM
Got some stupid questions for you guys once again:

1. Let's assume you have one solid mesh, but it consists of many single objects. How would I seperate such a single object from the whole in edit mode?

2. The bright colors of the wireframe are really annoying, especially when working on a dense highploy mesh. I found out how to change the wireframe's color yet, but is there a way to just decrease the intensity of the current color?

Solved!!!

Thx, TDW!!! user added image

Last edited by TDW; 06-02-2011 at 02:56 PM.
# 34 07-02-2011 , 12:16 AM
Lifetime Member
You solved them? LOL

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes