Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-03-2011 , 05:52 PM

RenderMan & layered shader...HELP!!!

Hi guys, I'm trying to load one of my RM shaders to a layered shader in RenderMan for Maya however, my RMshader does not load into the layered shader. I know you can use the mib_color_mix node for mental ray does anyone know of a possible renderman equivalent? Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated ^_^

# 2 15-03-2011 , 11:00 PM
The Nurb Herd
i've never used renderman for maya, but are you talking about the maya layered shader?

# 3 16-03-2011 , 08:41 AM

i've never used renderman for maya, but are you talking about the maya layered shader?

Yes. I am trying to layer my rsl shader over another texture using maya's layered shader user added image.

# 4 16-03-2011 , 10:01 AM
The Nurb Herd
i would imagine the problem is the third last word in your reply.

it wont work with maya shaders. i don't even think that layered shader works with mental ray materials.
isn't there something you can make with slim?

i've started using renderman at work, but we have an inhouse interface so i'm a little confused as to what it all relates to. therefore i have no idea how creating a shader in slim would work.
sorry.

Last edited by honestdom; 16-03-2011 at 10:05 AM.
# 5 16-03-2011 , 10:21 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
it also depends on the fact that you have Renderman Studio since you only have SLIM with that one ( and not with renderman for Maya) and SLIM is pretty difficult

# 6 17-03-2011 , 12:39 AM
The Nurb Herd
ah cool, thanks for the info.