Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 17-03-2011 , 11:20 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

Silly Cavemen in S3D

As some of you already know I entered the last challenge with a bit of a comic take on the " speed" -part of that challenge.
This evening I was playing around with Nuke and found a little thing called an anaglyph node which cave very satisfying results , ah well I say just put on your ol' red n Blue's and enjoy the fun in S3D LOL

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 18-03-2011 , 05:29 AM
Lifetime Member
damn you mastone...I DONT have any...damn...I can cross my eyes and see it...but it hurth my head

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 18-03-2011 , 10:30 AM
Subscriber
mastone, that is nice looking. i like it. your left and right camera seam to be a little bit too close - or the camera has too high focal length. the picture misses a bit of depth. did you use the stereo cam rig in maya or made your own? or did nuke do all of it with a single picture and a zmap ?

oh and here just for you bullet - the cheap mans red blue glasses with twisting your eyes into a knot (hope you get a big headache from it user added image ):

p.s.: mastone, hope you don't mind that i crippled your picture like that - maybe you can post a picture in full color like this with left and right channel seperate (or make bullet buy glasses) ....

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 18-03-2011 , 10:42 AM
Lifetime Member
duckie!! Im shocked and utterly heartbroken as well as emotionally crushed..that you think Im cheap (well maybe I am LOL). That is better...even if it hurts...bahahahaha

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 18-03-2011 , 10:46 AM
Subscriber
buahhhahahahaha,

actually it would be cheaper to buy a pair of glasses than to buy graphics software that lets you extract the red/blue/green channels out of a picture. (besides you could have done that yourself) unless you actually have no money - then you can download gimp ....

# 6 18-03-2011 , 05:18 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Hi Guys
@ bullet:https://www.oz3d.com.au/ user added image)
@ Babyduck: I have done nothing fancy with ZDepth or anything I just put the anaglyph node on top of a 2d image and kinda liked the effect and it has potential if you make use of the 3D workspace in nuke where you physically move plates in Z space and adjust the disparity accordingly , I mean if you render out anayglyph from 3D you render twice the amount of frames twice the storage etc etc, I think compositing is key in S3D workflow