Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 31-03-2011 , 01:23 AM
Subscriber

Playblast Flashing??

I'm having problems with playblasting my animation. For some reason, every 20 frames or so, it flashes a blank, grey frame. Have no idea why... any suggestions on getting rid of this? All the frames are there when I scrub through it so I'm sure it would render fine. Though its frustrating when trying to evaluate my animation.

Also.. I started animating with the Moom rig on high-res to start because I hated trying to picture hand/finger movements on the lower res model. Though now it's really slowing down my animation.. anyway to get it back to low-res? Tried on the moom shelf icon, though once I change the frame it goes back to high. Help would be much appriciated!! user added image

# 2 31-03-2011 , 09:04 AM
pressing s on any controller will key absolutely all attributes in the channel box, including level of detail switching controls which are often placed on a controller on the rig. Try and find this control and delete keyframes on the attributes that arnt effecting motion.

Its a good idea if you are just keyframing animation to use shift + w / e/ r to keyframe translation, rotation and scale.

In regards to the playblast... your camera isnt keyed? visibility isnt keyed on things in your scene? i know its obvious but just to check.

Other than that its quite odd unless that one file is set to read only, try playblasting to custom location.

FX supervisor - double negative