Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 13-09-2003 , 11:13 PM
Subscriber

Church

It is suposed to be the interior of a small church
What do u guys think?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 13-09-2003 , 11:20 PM
Depending what kind of church it is, chances are it would have a coloured cloth over the table.

The wood texture seems to look strange on the steps.

And the pillars looks oddly made with their bulging uniform rocks.

Other than that, the lighting looks great, the rug is marvelous and the overall feel of the scene is great.

Top marks.

# 3 14-09-2003 , 03:35 PM
I love it, but I would move the light a bit. I mean what are the chances of the cross being centered on the table???

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 4 14-09-2003 , 03:48 PM
Depends what time of day it is.

# 5 17-09-2003 , 05:27 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by [icarus_uk]
Depending what kind of church it is, chances are it would have a coloured cloth over the table.

The wood texture seems to look strange on the steps.

And the pillars looks oddly made with their bulging uniform rocks.

Other than that, the lighting looks great, the rug is marvelous and the overall feel of the scene is great.

Top marks.

CRITIQUE

the wood panel you used is parquet - I don't think they'll have it in the early 19th century where you're deriving the style of architeture from. Use wood/floorboard types texture or maybe stone tiles instead.

The carpet texture is a bit stretched. You might want to consider tweaking the uvs or texture to get it to not looks so stretched. It also repeats a bit much

The goblet has too much shadow casting. Its as if its as solid as the fresco/window detail.

Is thw window detail a texture? You might want to model it to give it some geometry. Looks a bit flat at the moment.

I have no problems with the columns. Works better than the floor.

good work. Please update if you have time!

user added image

# 6 17-09-2003 , 03:08 PM
Subscriber

the wood panel you used is parquet - I don't think they'll have it in the early 19th century where you're deriving the style of architeture from.

Actually parquet dates from the early 17th century and you can see a lot of it in French Chateau, it made it's way to the UK around that time as well. I'd say the pattern is a little modern, but the actual style is a lot older than the 1800s.

# 7 18-09-2003 , 08:05 PM
Subscriber
Im dont think that i will change anything in the image, because i have tests to do in the school, but thanks for the reply, i will try to pay more atention next time. About the carpet, the texture is not repeating, it is only it´s style. And about the window detail, it is not a texture, but it really looks kinda flat,probaly because the bricks are very close to each other, have to watch for this next time.

See you soon user added image