Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 08-12-2003 , 09:03 PM
uh oh... I saw that gt4u. And people here know not to let me see posts like that. I'll be watching you.

FLACK. You've obviously never encountered a typical night club bouncer. user added image

Slenkar: You need to work on your proportions a bit more. While I've seen over-exaggerated forms like that in some comics, your proportions are what makes it look a bit off. try pulling his chest out more. He's wider at the shoulders than he is deep in the chest and that makes him look funny. Check out some of the comic sites like Darkhorse and Image for characters like that. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 17 09-12-2003 , 01:42 AM
Heh, my brother is a bouncer himself. He still has a neck and he's not flat all over. user added image

# 18 10-12-2003 , 12:36 AM
I would suggest you look at referance images of character/humans to get the general proportions. From there you can manupilate the character into the look you going for.

Keep it up.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 19 30-12-2003 , 06:15 AM
Subscriber
*glares at gt4u*
watch yourself.....
A-hem. Slenkar: like what you've done. Continue working in Maya. Create more models. I'd love to see what you can do because it looks like you enjoy using your imagination. Keep up the good work.

# 20 30-12-2003 , 06:39 PM
Hey gt4u....... Nice name......Sounds like you're into cars.
Maybe you shouldn't bother touching a computer.

Let me put it plainly..... Dude, bud! Don't come in 'ere and put down peoples work. Even if you are da bomb (highly doubt it). Like Kurt said, "We're all here for support".

So, dude. If I were you, I'd take those words back, apologize and make nice. K? K!

Slenkar. Nice first model. Proportions are incredibly hard to control. I guess the best thing I can say about achieving the look you want, whether it's realistic or cartoony, is..... try to keep proportions relative. If a character is going to have these huge, flat shoulders he should also have a bulky back.

Organic modeling is very difficult and the only way you are going to get better is keep trying and playing with Maya.

Wanna see my first Man model?

Here he is..........

Sucks eh? I know. But I'm still at it. So should you!

Cheers!
user added image

Tony.

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 30-12-2003 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber
thats not that bad this was mine.

Attached Thumbnails