Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 19-01-2004 , 11:58 PM
Subscriber

Suggestion for a Tutorial

Hi all

Very impressed with the Poly Head tut and Dragon Project. I've gained a lot from watching the techniques and tricks used and found them clear and entertaining. A lot of help for a newb/hobbyist!

I have a tutorial suggestion though given that most of the modelling tutorials have been character-centric. I'd love to see something that's less open to interpretation such as a car or a plane while still having a some degree of complexity. A car or a fighter plane for example?

My first instint is to use nurbs to lay something like this out but I run into little issues at parts where more details is needed and I'd love to see someone who knows what they are doing demonstrate user added image

"Blueprints" of an Enzo attached as a suggestion user added image

Cheers

MrR

Attached Files
File Type: zip enzo.zip (419.8 KB, 277 views)
# 2 20-01-2004 , 03:50 AM
SM Tea Boy
It's not a bad idea, we do have a lot of organic modeling tutorials. I'll pass it on as a project idea.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 05-02-2004 , 12:33 AM
Subscriber
So did the idea receive a cheer or a "poo-poo"? user added image

# 4 05-02-2004 , 12:57 AM
The Maya Mountain
It's a fine idea. It's just a matter of time before it's done. user added image