Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 10-02-2004 , 03:10 PM

What is procedual texture?

Hi guys,

I think I need a texture Tutorial, but what is Procedual Texture and how is created? I see Pictures just created on that....

I would like to learn....

Thanks In Advance!!!

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 2 10-02-2004 , 03:19 PM
The Maya Mountain
Procedural textures are the textures that are provided by Maya... such as checker, grid, fractal, etc.

In my opinion, the best results are done by making textures yourself, either in Photoshop or some other image editor.

# 3 10-02-2004 , 05:43 PM
Although pixar would disagree with you there mike! user added image Every texture in those films is procedural apart from any decals etc that must be handpainted. It's horses for courses in the debate over procedural vs painted

https://www.alanwoods.co.uk/personalresearch/ look at that link and it will show you a report I had to do at uni about procedurals vs painted

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 4 10-02-2004 , 08:51 PM
woooh pure morning thanks i read it from top to bottom...very very good info...

again thanks!

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 5 10-02-2004 , 09:14 PM
The Maya Mountain
my experience is mostly in game development. user added image Procedurals are a rarity there.