Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 25-02-2004 , 03:58 PM
Subscriber

church piece

Here is something I quickly modeled up. For this piece I was trying to mess around with Layered shaders and how they work in mental Ray. The original art piece Emily Carr from the group of seven created “Indian Church”. If you are Canadian you should know whom I'm talking about. The Group started around the late 1800's or early 1900's and focused on direction for Canadian art. Anyways, Their artwork is incredible. Most of the work is landscape art.

I took me about 3 hours to complete. That includes creating textures from scratch. So the whole point of this was to get more familiar with layered shaders and helped me even more familiar with Photoshop. Rendering took awhile on this one

Background is PFX floor is PFX

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 25-02-2004 , 04:03 PM
Very nice user added image their is actualy a tutorial on Alias site for doing old buildings (rebuilding the past) I thingk its called.

# 3 25-02-2004 , 08:21 PM
where are the tuts? I can only find about 10 on thier site?

Lungs not guns....