Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 26-02-2004 , 03:57 PM

How to create Sparks when colliding with an object

Hi guys!

I would like to know a free tutorial on how to make a spark when 2 objects collide, lets say a rock colliding with a floor and i think I can use this also for maybe a feet spraying dust on floor

Any help will be appreciated!

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 2 26-02-2004 , 04:07 PM
Sparks are acomplished by using points as particles and using hardware rendering. Key frame the rate/speed of the emmiter as the 2 objects you have collide.
Dust is the same as someone else has posted a few days ago with opening a door, just parent a volume cloud emmiter to the shoes.

# 3 26-02-2004 , 08:21 PM
i'm new at this particles just add an amitter lets say omni emmiter and parented with the rock? but how i control teh motion of the particles? like a spray or something?

thanks in advance

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 4 26-02-2004 , 11:33 PM
well your going to have to find some tuts on dynamics starting with the docs in the Maya folder on your machine.
You can parent the emitter on the rock at the point of impact and set the spead to .3 or what ever. But like I said, find tuts to show you how emitters work, walk before running.

# 5 27-02-2004 , 11:32 AM
a better idea is to use the particle tool to cover yoru ground with particles and then make your rock/foot object collide with them. That way you will get particles spraying about when the object makes contact with particles. There are loads of ways to accomplish this effect, have a play and see what you get.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB