Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 29-02-2004 , 01:02 PM

.dwg files

Hi everyone,
i was wonder'in if there are any Modeler's out there wich would like to give me a hint on how to import an .dwg file correctly.I have not used Maya alot so i am on new ground ( LW user ).I was hop'in to get asfar so i could export a normal model for LW so i get on working in that app, but i was unable to ><
So all i want is to get a fairly detail model for LW or C4d out of Maya ........
Thx for any help

# 2 02-03-2004 , 09:32 AM
ok i got asfar as importing the data, but i cant seem to make into a mesh ?????
Please someone give me a hint on what to do .....

# 3 02-03-2004 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber
in most cases you will have to duplicate the curves and either loft or planar them. As you loft you can make into a poly mesh instead of leaving it as a nurbs surface. creating walls is simple but if you have furniture depending on the surface it can sometimes be a pain creating surfaces in Maya.

# 4 12-02-2006 , 11:02 AM

Re: .dwg files

Hi, Cron.

May i know why you need to import dwg.files? for reference or guideline for polygon or nurbs modeling?

spaceboy

# 5 12-02-2006 , 03:42 PM
LOL, cron posted this about... almost 2 years ago.

Live the life you love, love the life you live