Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 08-03-2004 , 08:21 PM

GI_Joe on a mac?

Hi,

How do I instll GI_Joe on a mac?

Like where dose Gi_Joe.mel go, and GIJoe.lights, and GIJoe_icon.bmb?

# 2 08-03-2004 , 09:45 PM
The directions are inside the mel script. Open up GI_Joe.mel in a text editor (TextEdit, BBEdit, whatever) and read the comments at the top.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 09-03-2004 , 09:30 PM
Where can I download GI_Joe? I have looked all over for it but cannot find it anywhare.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 4 09-03-2004 , 10:24 PM

# 5 09-03-2004 , 10:54 PM
1. Put both GI_Joe.mel and GIJoe.lights in your user scripts folder (Home, maya/scripts).

2. Open up GI_Joe.mel in a text editor. Edit the path on line 57 to match the path to the GIJoe.lights file. The entire line should look like this:
Code:
string $pathL = "/Users/_userName_/Library/Preferences/AliasWavefront/maya/scripts/GIJoe.lights"
Be sure to replace _userName_ with your own.

3. Save the file. If you are using TextEdit, make sure you save it without the .txt extention. If it does save it that way, just rename the file in the finder.

4. In Maya, run the command "GI_Joe" from the command line or the script editor.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job