Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 24-04-2004 , 11:17 PM
Subscriber

low poly game female tutorial

Where are the reference images for this tutorial?

# 2 25-04-2004 , 01:58 AM
The Maya Mountain
They are not available for free. You can find them at www.3d.sk.

# 3 25-04-2004 , 03:15 AM
Subscriber
why it was not told in the tutorial section? I would not buy it if I knew that I have to spend more money on reference images. THis doesn't makes sense. Also, the video moves too fast and there is no voice. I can't follow it. I would prefer to exchange it for something different if possible.

# 4 25-04-2004 , 03:49 AM
The video said "time lapse" right on the discription....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 5 25-04-2004 , 04:28 AM
The Maya Mountain
Yep. Read the descriptions before you hit "download."

Also, feel free to check out this thread: https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthr...threadid=10576

as for the references, ANY female body reference will do just as well. Should find some nice ones at www.fineart.sk.

Time lapses are not geared toward those who are not familiar with the tools. It's an intermediate class video (which I'm considering bumping it to "advanced" just to avoid further confusion -- although if the description isn't read anyway, that won't change anything user added image ) and until you know the tools well enough to recognize them in use, yeah, it probably won't help much. Might want to stick to more "beginner" friendly vids and save those for when you're more familiar with it.

# 6 25-04-2004 , 08:52 AM
Subscriber
somehow I didn't notice that.
thanks for the link.

I have another question about tutorials:

about a week ago I saw that there will be a tutorial how to model Apache Helicopter.... when is it going to be available?

also, the Dinosaur tutorial... it says that tutorial is not finished yet,
when is it going to be finished?
I noticed that last update was in 2003 so I don't know if it will be finished.

thanks.

# 7 27-04-2004 , 09:05 AM
Kevin
Apache to be released this week

# 8 27-04-2004 , 10:46 AM
Subscriber
YESSSS!!