Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-05-2004 , 05:38 AM
Subscriber

How do I Illuminate a lightbulb

Hi there

I'm currently working on a logo and what it is that I want to achieve is the name of a company with a Lightbulb in the scene

Now I want the bulb to be off at the beginning and then come on with a bright light then fade a bit to show the name of company.

Could you Maya gurus supply me with some input?

Thanks

# 2 14-05-2004 , 06:33 AM
Subscriber
Well you will be able to animate the intensity of any light put into the scene, just create a point light set it to zero intensity at the begining of the anim, set a key for the intensity then when you want to it come on, set another key at zero before the light comes on, then crank up the intensity to the level you want and set another key. repeat the opposite way for the light going off. You might want to do the same with the incandescence of the lightbulb shader? depends what sort of shader you are using for the glass of the bulb

cheers

Rich
# 3 14-05-2004 , 01:39 PM
Subscriber
Great thanks man, also what is the best way to go about making a good glass shader? I'm new at texturing and lighting, just got used to modelling and broadening my skills

# 4 14-05-2004 , 03:27 PM
Subscriber
for a glass shader either go to the alias website, the community section - downloads, or use the shader library in maya itself. There also used to be a glass shader tutorial - not sure if it is still there tho now.

cheers

Rich