Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 18-09-2002 , 03:48 PM

Views in Maya

Oke Here is my problem...

I have different panels with different views. When I switch panels the scene automatically puts the object in wireframe.

What I want is taht the moment I change panel the object in the scene stay example: Smooth Shaded selected + X-Ray + Wireframe on shaded.

I checked the Script editor for the mel script (I was hoping that when I change it to smooth shaded all a mel line woud appear - no luck)

I also tried by adding the buttons to the shelfs, also no luck.

And also could not fnd a hotkey andtry for it.

So my question is how do I make it stay the same !!!!!

The Important Thing is NOT to Stop Questioning.
--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 2 18-09-2002 , 04:10 PM
The Maya Mountain
each panel has its own display settings... I'm not sure if that answers your question or not. You could try the Apply Current to All button in the Shading menu.

# 3 18-09-2002 , 04:22 PM
tried that one but first you have to setup the shading items that you wnat to have standard, and how do you adjust the panel display settings ?

--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 4 18-09-2002 , 04:24 PM
The Maya Mountain
each panel has its own shading menu, so if you want xray, wireframe on shaded, etc, then you'll have to turn it on for each view you want it on

kind of a pain, I suppose, but it's never been something I've had need of doing. Any other suggestions?

# 5 18-09-2002 , 04:42 PM
thats what I have been doing the whole time ad each time it gets anoying and anoying... user added image

But I guess that this should be able to be scripted right ?

--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 6 28-09-2002 , 09:02 PM
well the solution is very simple. I was fooling arround with MEL and then it is written in the manual that when you open the script editor en go to <Edit>-<Echo all command> then maya will show you everything it does, every command ! So when you then adjust the shade and x-ray stuff it will show you how it does it.

So what you do then is copy and past it in to a new script and you are done !

But you have to do this for each window first because each view has a different script number !

Echo all command is also an excellent way to learn how to script with mel !

--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk