Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-05-2004 , 05:21 PM
Subscriber

moving machine parts

im trying to animate a clip of moving and interacting machine parts with the trax editor, but when i animate any clip, it will only play in the position i originally keyframed the animation at. The clip is set to relative and it still happens...any help would be great

# 2 25-05-2004 , 11:48 PM
Subscriber
I'm not sure how to help after it's bean all keyframed. But you might want to consider some difrent ways to animate next time considering its machine parts. Machanical motions are much easyer to do with pairinting, constraints, and SKD's.

# 3 26-05-2004 , 06:01 AM
Subscriber
well, i havent keyframed the motion im thinking of yet, i was running some tests to see what would be the best way..my question at this point would be, is grouping enough to keep it all together when its in motion on something like a character. would i just group it all together and add an attribute to the group? what if i wanted some physics on things like wires...would it still all hold together and animate properly when its constantly in motion across the screen? maybe a parent constraint...i dont know, let me know of any good tutorials...or maybe someone here at the site could do something...hint hint