Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 02-06-2004 , 04:55 PM
Subscriber

batch render problem (all frames 0% complete)

hi everyone.

i have a problem during batch rendering. whenever i output a bitmap sequence or an avi file from maya, i'm able to render out the first few frames of the scene but later on, when i open up the script editor and check the render status, i find that all the next frames are being processed at 0% complete. this goes on until the last frame, and, as expected, the avi file comes out corrupted or the 0% completed bitmaps are corrupted.

could anyone please explain what the problem could be? it really hampers my progress as sometimes i'd have a model all rigged and textured only to find out i can't batch render because of a problem like this. any suggestions?

thanks.. user added image

# 2 28-06-2004 , 06:04 PM
Are you rendering straight from Maya? Make sure your project is set, set your render globals to how you want, then save the scene. Exit Maya and go to the folder that the scene files resides in. Right click on it and choose render from the pop up menu.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu