Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-06-2004 , 07:19 PM

How i can rig a imported high poly model?

hey guys!!

I have a model in OBJ generated by the POSER 5 program
But arms legs head everything is in 1 mesh
and i want to start creating the skeleton the arms legs etc. for animation

is there a way to work with high poly models to CUT the arms legs head etc... efficiently. I can't bearly see thru the model...

Any tips will be appreciated

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 2 04-06-2004 , 07:30 PM
Subscriber
Have you tried the polygon mesh 'Reduce' command? It might work, I honestly don't know how good it is at the job, but it is worth a shot

cheers

Rich
# 3 05-06-2004 , 12:25 AM
if you wanted the mesh to be broken up into seperate parts you could select the faces that you want seperated and then go to edit polygons---->Extract

# 4 07-06-2004 , 12:57 PM
thanks for the tips, This is a high rez character, i 'll try it but i dont think i can reduce it, since they won't let me user added image

break it apart will be the choice....

again thanks guys for the tips!!!

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 5 07-06-2004 , 05:51 PM
you can make a lowrez model of the character, and sue it as a wrap deformer .. Then rig the low rez model and the highrez should follow it..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 6 08-06-2004 , 06:19 PM
Thanks for the tip cali!