Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 07-08-2004 , 05:34 PM

Group or Attach objects?

When I am modeling, and I need to put two (or more) objects together, should I attach them or just group them?

Example: When modeling a building, should I attach the parts of the building, (walls, windows, doors, glass, everything), of should I just put them close enough together to fool the viewer and then group them.

My instinct tells me I should attach the parts like in a real world wooden model, but my common since tells me it’s a waste of time. I am of course, talking of using Attach tools to put objects together to form one object.

I don't really see what difference it makes when modeling a building or a car or anything large and complex. If you group them, they are stuck together. But, it does seem like a cheat.

Kori

# 2 07-08-2004 , 05:49 PM
The Maya Mountain
Grouping works fine. Even in a realworld building, the different parts are seperate, held together with nails, welding, or mortar.