Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 19-09-2004 , 10:41 AM

render in .avi?

For some reason maya won't allow me to render in .avi for more than one frame at a time, I want to render in a video format to use and edit in premiere but it won't let me? Do I need a plugin for this? If anyone can help please do, thnx.

# 2 19-09-2004 , 01:29 PM
Read the manual on setting up Render Globals (or watch our free Render Globals tutorial here at SM). You have to set it up properly to output multiple frames, name, file type, size, renderer, etc. Also, most folks stay away from Maya's AVI output as it can be flaky at times. Instead, render out your animation as a sequence of tif, tga, or iff files, which can then be imported into Premiere.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 19-09-2004 , 02:04 PM
if i were to export the files ae iff or wuch is there a way to import them to premiere all at once inorder and such or do i have to do them manually one at a time? also are there plugins for other video export formats quiktime etc. if so were may i find them? thnx for your help.

# 4 19-09-2004 , 02:30 PM
When you render, you set up in Render Globals the naming convention you want to use (i.e., myFile.001.tif, myFile.002.tif, etc), so you output each frame as a separate image. In Premiere, if I remember correctly, once it tries to import the first imported image, it will ask if this is an image sequence? Say, "yes" and it will import the whole thing. You should really watch the Render Globals video I mentioned above as it goes through the whole process, except uses the Free video editor, VideoMach, in place of Premiere. You might also search the forums as these questions have been asked many times before.

Not sure about maya plugins to export in other video formats. Like I said, Maya's video support is crap and no one really renders out AVIs from it (except for maybe quick Playblasts). It's not a video program. Just output the animation as images and import the sequence into Premiere. Then, output in whatever video format you want.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 19-09-2004 , 06:28 PM
thnx watched the vid lots o help got video mach works like a charm and again thnx for the hlp