Thanks. I followed his tutrial and it's o.k, but i was kinda hoping there's a simpler way. In 3d studio you just apply a wire material and that's it. about 2 or 3 mouse clicks.
Anyway, i've found another way, which is a bit resource consuming.
If anyone's interested, follow these steps:
1.Create your object (i did it using polygons).
2. Go to Edit polygons>Texture>Automatic mapping.
3.Open the Texture editor through Window>UV Texture editor.
4. in the texture editor, go to Polygons> UV snapshot.
5. determine the reslution and save the file.
6. Now apply a material to your object and assign the snapshot as a color map.
7. Render and you've got a render of your object with a wireframe on.
The resolution of the map will determine how good the wireframe looks.
Not the best of solutions out there but it works...
Thanks for all those who helped