Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-10-2004 , 11:45 PM

Scaling Skeletons?

Is it possible to have things scale skinned models without distorting them? Likewise, I also have a model made from a clump of meshes I would like to scale -- but when I do, they all separate from each other.

I guess what I'm asking is, is there a way to scale so as objects scale in accordance to each other so the model doesn't either distort or scale at different rates from different reference points to leave me the painful job of re-translating them all back into alignment with each other?

# 2 22-10-2004 , 12:10 AM
The Maya Mountain
The easiest thing with multiple objects is to either group them and then scale them, or switch to global mode for the rotation tool.

For skinned objects, you'll need to grab the root joint and any IK handles you have and group them. Then scale that.