Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 03-11-2004 , 02:23 AM

Shortcuts and shelf items

I was wondering if you can make a shortcut (shelf item) or hotkey for items in the panel menu (like x-ray). I know with the regular menu you can shift+ctr click and it will add it to the current shelf, but this is not true with panel menu items. I'm not sure about a hotkey, but I did not see one available for x-ray.

I know there are x-ray scripts, but that is for selected items, the default x-ray options makes all objects in the scene x-ray. I find it useful when modeling to turn x-ray on.

Thanks.

"We don't actually need to know that the main character has a past. All we need to know is that he has an objective and a lot of people are going to die and a lot of innocent inanimate objects are going to be destroyed and blown up before he can complete that objective."
# 2 03-11-2004 , 02:20 PM
Subscriber
open your script editor,
and x-ray the scene and copy the mel script that it show in the script editor

or find mel scripts that toggle x-ray on or off or other useful toggles {wireframe on shaded etc]from resources sites like highend or dannyngan.com
or search the forum

# 3 03-11-2004 , 06:43 PM
Here you go, and a few other toggle scripts you might like.

Attached Files
File Type: zip toggle.zip (3.7 KB, 284 views)
# 4 03-11-2004 , 07:28 PM
Thanks for that. I think the isolate selected will come in handy too! I didn't even think about a script for that.

"We don't actually need to know that the main character has a past. All we need to know is that he has an objective and a lot of people are going to die and a lot of innocent inanimate objects are going to be destroyed and blown up before he can complete that objective."
# 5 03-11-2004 , 07:35 PM
ain't no thing but a chicken wing on a string

# 6 03-11-2004 , 07:54 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Dann
ain't no thing but a chicken wing on a string

true that:p user added image

# 7 06-11-2004 , 05:32 PM
DezFX
Here's a link to a thread over at 3DBuzz where I've posted several of my scripts for hotkeys and toggling of different stuff like Xray, Background colors, and camera views.