Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 01-02-2005 , 06:28 PM

What have you heard about Linoln(hull) and portsmouth?

In context of Universities, i have got into both, i am confidant at the moment that lincoln is more suited to my kind of goals but this is probably mostly down to the fact that the portsmouth open day was not very informative, what have any of your heard about either of these? PM could be more appropriate.

PS.
hi everyone

FX supervisor - double negative
# 2 16-02-2005 , 05:48 PM
Subscriber
Hey LauriePriest.

When I was applying to Universities Portsmouth was my backup choice . They use (or were using 3 years ago) 3d studio max, and the course was only a HND, but I think that now its a full degree. It looked ok to me, I don't think I would have regretted going there if I hadn't got in to Bournemouth. It looked like they concentrated on the art side a bit too, they had art studios adjoining the 3d suites. All in all, I think Portsmouth is building up a good reputation now. Isn't Southampton also doing a 3d degree now too??

LisaG user added image

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 3 17-02-2005 , 10:51 AM
cool thanks for imput, im more arts orientated in where i want to go with my 3d skill so im going for my first choice at Hull (Lincoln), then second choice is the course at portsmouth. I really like the look of lincoln, its more of an art collage than an academic university course.

They also allow stop motion animation the 2D animation skills are given as much emphasis as the 3D. though it is a different kind of course than most i found the only other good art alternative was surrey which produces very strange work and is not as industry focused as other courses. But thanks for imput, i just needed to know that portsmouth isnt crap user added image.

Are you at Bournmouth/ did you go to Bournmouth?i dont think i could handle that kind of course, though my friend is deliberating wether to go there, is it as intensive as its made out to be, what is the art content / flexibility of the course?

Thanks for your reply !! user added image

Laurie Priest

FX supervisor - double negative
# 4 17-02-2005 , 01:25 PM
Subscriber
I looked at that degree at Hull now, thinking about it. I don't think I applied though as it was a bit far away for my liking.

I went to Bournemouth NCCA, I graduated only last November. The course is fantastic. Its got an international reputation, and gets applications from many overseas students. The course is pretty intense, but there is a lot to cover. You have maths and programming to learn, alongside film and art techniques, and of course, learning Maya. I found it incredibly tough, but very rewarding and enjoyable as well. I felt very lucky to have been accepted onto the course at all, as it is very difficult to get onto. The industry contacts you make through just being on the course are also fantastic.

I've heard excellent things abvout Portsmouth and Southampton too, I think that studying for a degree in 3D graphics/animation is becoming very popular now, it seems much more so than when I was applying to Universities.

LisaG

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/