Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 13-02-2005 , 04:48 PM

Amazon(first model)

Hi well I have been playing with maya for about 12 days now. I got really tired of tutorial after tutorial so I went ahead and started my own little project type deal. Im still a total "newbie" but I pretty sure I will get better and faster. So far I've spent about 15 hours on this very simple piece lol and its not textures nor will it be unless I figure out how to... the only thing I have texed so far is a cube with a checked type tex... anyways heres she is I blocked out the private parts becuase im not sure if you guys allow it. well here she is.... C&C welcome

user added image

user added image

user added image

The last pic is a simple concept so you can get an idea of what type of stuff she will have. I also plan to model a bow and maybe a jav type weapon for her. Thanks for reading ;)

# 2 13-02-2005 , 04:52 PM
Subscriber
Looking pretty good, it looks like you have the proportions about right... Only crit is that in the side view it seems as if her knees bend the wrong way

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 3 13-02-2005 , 06:09 PM

Originally posted by blomkaal
Looking pretty good, it looks like you have the proportions about right... Only crit is that in the side view it seems as if her knees bend the wrong way

hmm Im not sure what you mean.. like the I'll take a look at it though. Thnx

# 4 14-02-2005 , 08:32 AM
looking good so far, especially for someone new to Maya. Are you working off any reference images? I'm guessing you've used some other 3d app before?

# 5 14-02-2005 , 04:40 PM
hmm.. well the ref pics is that lil one I just scale it up... I basicly got a pic off this site of a nude model and drew on it user added image. As far as modeling goes this is my first time ever using a modeling type thing. Well come to think of it I lie I use an app once like a couple years ago called zmodeler to try and model a car to import into gta3 but didnt get past a simple tire lol. Like I said I was following alot of tutorials and just got borred of them so went on to model my own thing. I even tried the dog tut Kurt gots here and couldnt boolean anything so I quit <:\ but then kept find tuts and looking around and pushed forward.. well im modeling the upper chest part right now soon I hope to post an update and I hope I can find some kind of ref pics of a ladies head. The ones from that site are way to small <:\ Anyway thnxs for the feedback back to modeling

# 6 14-02-2005 , 09:12 PM
okay well after alot of lookin I finally found some pics I can use as refs for a female face lol... I wish I knew where everyone gets them perfect lined up pics from :angry: anyways after searching I found these and then did a lil photoshop to try and line them up more there still a tad bit off.... but with a lil moving of the planes in maya it should work fine user added image. I'll post an update as soon ad I get it started on the modeling part Im on the hunt for a tut or 2 on the proper way to model non nurbs human head things if you have any sugs pls post.

Thnx~ Eddie
user added image

# 7 14-02-2005 , 10:13 PM

small update

Well here you have it a pretty small update. Im gonna hold out on the head till later lol <:\ human heads scare me so...... on that note I tuned out the topa bit and im going to start the hands, feet, and wrist plates. As always any C&C welcome oh and does anyone by any chance have an idea how I could add like engraving on my shin plates without actually having to go and divide the mesh like crazy with split polygon tool?? If you have a way pls share.

Thnx-Eddie

user added image

user added image

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...gue-back-c.jpg