Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-02-2005 , 09:28 PM

Pilot Continued

Here is the WW2 pilot I've been working on. I'm still working on the body.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 21-02-2005 , 09:36 PM

Low Poly

low poly count

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 21-02-2005 , 09:51 PM
Subscriber
Is there still a full head under there? If so, unless you need to see the face unmasked, then delete any unneccesary geomtry to bring your count down.

The oxygen mask looks a little odd, or at least not like current ones. What type of look/feel are you ultimately shooting for?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 4 22-02-2005 , 09:41 PM

wwII pilot

The mask is from the RAF (Royal Air Force) around 1939 to 1946. The front is where the oxygen hose and communications cable are attached. If you look at the 1969 film "Battle over Britain" you'll notice that they used the exact equipment used in the war, since the RAF still kept most of them after the whole thing was over. The only thing I'm still working on is the main structure of the mask which was made out of thick cloth. I need to put folds underneath where the front oxygen piece is attached.
There is no facial geometry underneath the mask.

Last edited by djknucklez; 22-02-2005 at 09:45 PM.
# 5 23-02-2005 , 12:22 AM
nice work so far,

can't wait to see the fiished render.

just a suggestion: when you start texturing, go with the old and dirty look. i think it would look cool.

George Bernard Shaw:
You see things; and you say, "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"