Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 12-10-2002 , 09:40 PM
Subscriber

Garbled Maya

Hi all,

As some of you already know recently I got my new computer, Its a Intel P4 2.53 GHZ, 60G etc. With an ATI Radeon 9700Pro 128 DDR graphic card. Well the speed is amazing but, I'm finding that the computer shuts down and restarts itself everytime it needs to think too much or when I multi-task..but the question I have, is that I'm finding when I run Maya, my interface and object is "garbled" up, would anyone know if this might be a graphic problem, I have already uninstalled and re-installed in case of a virus.. any suggestions?

# 2 13-10-2002 , 12:50 AM
SM Alumni
it *looks* like you have bad video card memory but I wouldnt like to say for sure. do you get the same results using other openGL apps/programs? unfortunatly ATI arent best known for great opengl support, but the card is still pretty new so maybe things will get better in time. one other thing - are you overclocking your pc at all? I've read on a few forums people saying that the 9700pro isnt too OC friendly so that might be a prob??

# 3 13-10-2002 , 11:50 AM
Subscriber
i would suggest drivers; reinstall em, or get the latest if you havnt. otherwise check the maya docs on graphic crad related stuff.

iv had maya go a bit funny before on ATI Radeon 8500, but it was ok with new drivers.user added image

# 4 13-10-2002 , 09:31 PM
Subscriber
i remmember what my problem was...

try disabling smoothvision.

# 5 13-10-2002 , 10:39 PM
Subscriber
Great, umm where might I find this smoothvision?

https://www.verticalincline.com
# 6 14-10-2002 , 08:17 AM
Subscriber
on desktop right click>properties>settings>advanced>OpenGL

check the disablesmoothvision checkbox.