Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-03-2005 , 01:02 PM
Subscriber

creating quads after boolean difference

Hi there all,
After I made a hole for the inside of my cabinet, by using Polygons->booleans->difference, I wanted to start converting the faces to have quad sided faces. Though the problem I am having is that when I use the split polygon tool, and if I start on an edge where their is a hole it says that I cannot start up on a hole. So then I tried starting on an edge that doesn't have a hole, but then it says that it cannot end on a hole. So Is there a way that I can spilt up the face without having to fill the hole back in and then having to delete it after I use the split polygon?

# 2 14-03-2005 , 02:30 PM
Post a Pick up sounds like you have tomerge some vertices before you start drawing new lines with the split poly tool.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 15-03-2005 , 02:15 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kurt
Post a Pick up sounds like you have tomerge some vertices before you start drawing new lines with the split poly tool.

Here's my pic

Attached Thumbnails