Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-04-2005 , 08:16 PM

creating text in maya

How can I create text in maya? Right now when I click on create text from the menu bar, the word "Maya" appears, but I do not know how to change it, or change the font face or anything. I'm sure it is something simple I am missing. Any help would be great! Thanks!

# 2 23-04-2005 , 08:32 PM
Subscriber
the little "box" icon to the right of something in the menu is the options box. Click that to go to the options to change things.

# 3 27-08-2005 , 07:17 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Darkware
the little "box" icon to the right of something in the menu is the options box. Click that to go to the options to change things.

Which "little box" is that ? user added image

I'm having the same problem, (Maya PLE ver 6)
and can't find that options box, or anything in the online help.

I found a tutorial here :
https://home19.inet.tele.dk/b_holm/rotatingtext.htm

that displays a "Text Curves Options" dialog, but that doesn't appear when I create text

Mike

# 4 27-08-2005 , 09:21 PM
When you go to Create -> Text there is the little options box on the right of the menu. I don't see why you couldn't change the text. This is a screeny of the dialog I get:

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 27-08-2005 , 09:24 PM
Option box (from Maya manual)

Attached Images
# 6 27-08-2005 , 11:59 PM
Subscriber
Ok, I finally found it.

I had been looking on the right end of the entire menu bar.

If anyone else ever needs to find it here's a pic :

Attached Images